The websites includes (non-exhaustive list):
We are committed to ensuring that our visitor’s privacy is safeguarded and protected. Any information provided, or required by us to deliver information about a requested service, will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
For any questions relating to your privacy, you should contact:
Lancaster Bangkok, 1777 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkok 10310,Thailand
WHAT WE COLLECT
It may be necessary for the Lancaster Bangkok to collect the following information in order to provide replies for requested services:
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- To use your information (from time to time) to contact you for market research purposes (this may be carried out by email, phone, fax or mail), and to customise the website based on your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that a web-server can place on your computer’s hard drive. They are used to personlise a web-users experience, and to gather information about the visitor which can then be used in statistical programs to understand and improve the web-service further.
HOW WE USE THEM
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it better to your needs. We use this information for statistical purposes and as part of specialized online marketing campaigns.
COOKIE TYPES & THEIR FUNCTION
The following section provides information on the types of cookie that are set by the 3rd party services that users of the Lancaster Bangkok website will be exposed to during their visit. This policy will be updated periodically to reflect any significant changes that have been made to these cookies by the 3rd parties, to ensure that our visitors have as complete a control as possible, to attend and manage their privacy settings when browsing the Lancaster Bangkok website. We have also provided links to the cookie providers so you may find out more information about the cookies, should this policy not answer all your privacy concerns.
|SERVICE PROVIDER||WHAT IS BEING TRACKED||NAMES OF COOKIES THAT ARE CREATED|
Service that provides Lancaster Bangkok with information about their website visitors.
|· Domain in use
· User session
· Past user sessions
· Referrer information
|An updated list of cookies set by Google Analytics can be found at the following Google support page [read more]|
|DoubleClick||Behavioural advertising service provided by Google that provides a tracking technology that allows the Lancaster Bangkok to connect users of this website domain with the Adwords advertising network and Doubleclick cookie.
|Please see the section “Advertising” on the following Google resource page. [read more]|
For further information about tracking cookies that may be stored in your browser, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative, which provides a number of tools to help identify cookies and the owners of the data [link].
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Aside from the technical steps you may choose to activate (as described in the previous section: Cookie Types and Their Function) to limit the amount of information you share when browsing our website pages, you may additionally restrict the degree to which the personal information you submit to the Lancaster Bangkok may be re-used, in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the checkbox that will exclude the request from being included in future marketing activities by the hotel. Checking this box will over-ride any preferences that the form may have requested (for example joining the newsletter). Lancaster Bangkok will only keep your information as long as necessary to ensure that your request is attended to.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and wish to revoke this consent you may change do so by writing or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think will be of interest to you.
- You may request us to provide the details of any personal information which we hold on file according to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you believe that any information we possess is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
NOTE FOR CHILDREN
Children who are under age (minors) should not send any information either about themselves or of their friends, and should not register for any of our on-line services, or make requests for further information using the contact forms on the Lancaster Bangkok website. If we are made aware of any attempt to register a child’s details on our website we will delete this information immediately.
NOTE FOR PARENTS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Lancaster Bangkok and while we do endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to visit to other websites which are not under the control of the Lancaster Bangkok. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lancaster Bangkok takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
For more information, please contact:
The Marketing Department
1777 New Phetchaburi Road
Bangkok 10310, Thailand
This website and its content is copyright of The Lancaster Landmark Hotel Company Ltd. Registered in England No. 2832349. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. For example source: k-west.co.uk.
- You may not, except with express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
For any clarification on the terms of our copyright please write to:
Lancaster Bangkok, 1777 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkok 10310,Thailand
Social Media Policy
This social media policy belongs to Lancaster Bangkok Hotel, with offices located at 1777 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkok 10310,Thailand
Our contact telephone number is 02 262 8000 If something in our policy is unclear, or you wish to contact us for another reason, the preferred method of communication for enquiries is firstname.lastname@example.org
By contacting us using email, it will allow us to review and issue further guidelines for inclusion in this policy.
Communicate with us:
Our official languages of communication are detailed below- please note that we may not be able to respond to a message unless it is provided in the specified language.
– Facebook: English
– Email enquiries: email@example.com
– Telephone enquiries: English
– For mediation or resolution of conflicts arising in these pages: English
– This social media policy is subject to the laws and provisions of the country of the United Kingdom.
10 simple rules to follow in our Facebook channels
The following guidelines have been drafted to help our users make sense of what we consider to be appropriate conduct, when participating in our social media owned channels
- Remember that Facebook is used across the world, and represents one of the most diverse multicultural environments for meeting and exchanging ideas.
- When writing messages, use simple, clear language as English may not be the first language of readers. This will encourage greater discussion and a more extensive exchange of ideas and views.
- If you read something that you find upsetting or offensive, it might be because that person does not have the necessary English language skills to communicate clearly. Therefore before responding, we suggest that first you ask the person to clarify their position, to make sure that you have interpreted their message correctly. Alternatively you may contact us (see about us) and we may be able to provide advice to you.
- Do not knowingly write, comment or behave in such a way that might cause offense to other people.
- Do not write anything you know to be untrue or unrelated to the content you are providing an opinion for.
- Do not attempt to use this channel for selling commercial products or to provide calls to action such as messages to “like my page”. You are expected to seek prior approval from Lancaster Bangkok before publishing a commercial or personal link in our pages.
- Do not comment on, or share content which may violate another person’s copyright, trademark or intellectual property.
- Do not comment or provide any information during a discussion that discloses personal information about another person.
- Do not knowingly geo-tag or provide other digital meta-data in images or video that could reveal personal information about a person.
- In cases where users repeatedly violate the terms of this social media policy, they will be banned permanently from the page.
Your risks through participation
We have identified the following risks that may be present when participating in Facebook. These are provided in the form of guidance for your consideration. Please note that the list is not exhaustive and only represents those concerns we have been able to identify:
- Facebook is a public forum, and therefore any information that you post may be read publicly.
- If you post content that breaches copyright, trademark or intellectual property laws, Facebook may be requested to share your personal information with the relevant authorities and you may be subsequently be held personally liable for any infringement. We would neither intervene nor act as an arbitrator in this process.
- If you do not respect the terms of this policy, you will be blocked from being able to access it. If you believe you have been blocked unfairly, you may contact us to seek clarification (see section about us).
- You acknowledge that Facebook, at this time, requests no fee to use their services, and it is therefore implicit that they will derive income from other revenue streams. You acknowledge that it may not have been made explicit during the registration process of your personal account.
- You acknowledge that you have the necessary authorizations that the information you post or share is in accordance with copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws.
- You acknowledge that it may not be possible in practice to protect your copyright and other intellectual property rights for a piece of content, or photo that you publish to our pages.If you have a concern that you have identified and would like to bring to our attention, please contact us (see about us section for our contact details)
Children and Social Media
We advise that guardians regularly monitor the activity of their children in Facebook as well as other social media networks, and that guardians read this policy in its entirety and take stock of the issues that are raised.
Images and videos can cause offense when seen by people, and we recognize that visual content stands out in a Facebook page. In order to provide a clearer indication of ownership of content in our pages, please note the following with regards to our visual content:
- Our photos and films will never be exploitative or sexual in nature.
- Our photos and films will always be clearly watermarked with our organizational logo.
- Our photos and films will always feature content that is safe for all ages.
- In cases where a geographic identifier, such as descriptors of where a photo or video was taken, we confirm that the relevant rights for the release of this information was attained before publication.
- Photos or videos that we publish are copyright cleared prior to publication.
Limitations imposed by Facebook
Please take note of the following limitations we feel important to point out when using this social media network, and take time to consider how it might affect the terms of this policy and your interaction in our pages.
- Due to the volume of comments and items posted that Lancaster Bangkok receives, it may not be practically possible to follow, monitor or respond to each and every comment made in our channels. If you are concerned about something that you have seen posted, please contact us (see about us section) and we will be able to investigate your concern.
- As Lancaster Bangkok is not in complete control of this technology platform (Facebook), it is impossible to predict how any information you post or share may be used in the future.
- A person may breach the terms and conditions of Facebook by knowingly providing fake email addresses and false dates of birth as a way to circumvent measures that are in place to restrict content based on age, or to carry out acts that breach this social media policy. You should always bear in mind that a person may not be who they claim to be.
- Changes in this technology platform may result in new ways being made available to interact with people. These changes may become available before we are able to implement guidelines that clarify our position with regards to a new feature. Therefore please consider the list of terms covered in this policy as non-exhaustive, but that the principles outlined herein may be interpreted and applied in a similar fashion to the new features of this platform.
- We have no direct control over how the mechanisms inside Facebook will re-distribute content that is published to our pages. At this time it is possible that your friends will see the content that we post to our pages via your own personal news feed. For the purposes of clarifying the content that we share, we consider these pages as the official context in which the messages were originally intended for sharing.
This social media policy was last updated 10 February, 2015